CVN meeting registration form
Cost: CVN member rate: £130; attendance Wednesday 11th of April from 1pm onwards and all day Thursday 12th only (including lunch on both days and the CVN dinner (at a Chinese restaurant on the evening of the 11th) when your place is booked for the dinner with Maggie Hopper via email, [email protected])
The UK CVN annual conference 2018 will take place as part of the Microbiology Society Annual Conference 2018. The UK CVN conference will will take place over two days WEDNESDAY 11th – THURSDAY 12th of APRIL 2108 held at the International Conference Centre (ICC), Birmingham, UK.
There are around 30 bursaries worth £300 each that will be available for biomedical scientists, clinical scientists and medical specialty trainees at those SVCs and SVUs that are current CVN members (Application forms available from Maggie Hopper via email: [email protected]). Preference will be given to those whom have not received a bursary previously or those submitting an abstract for presentation.
Applications must be sent to [email protected] by Friday 23rd February 2018 and those successful will receive confirmation by Friday 2nd March, in order to apply for the early bird registration fee (available until Friday 9th March, registration closes on Monday 19th March 2018).
Registration via the Microbiology Society is mandatory for all participants, including those with a bursary. Please see the registration form above.
All other participants will receive a subsidy of £100 to help with travel and accommodation. Both the bursaries and subsidies will be refunded as soon as the appropriate receipts have been sent to:
Mrs Maggie Hopper, CVN administrative assistant, South London Specialist Virology Centre, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, 2nd floor, Cheyne Wing, Bessemer Road London SE5 9RS United Kingdom. [email protected]
The UK CVN dinner will be on Wednesday 11th April. Please let Maggie know that you can attend by email so that reservations can be made as early as possible.
We look forward to receiving your applications and would be grateful if you could let us know as soon as possible how many staff will be attending the evening dinner.
CVN administrative assistant
on behalf of the organising committee
Microbiology Society Annual Conference 2018
- Clinical Virology Network
- The global virome
- The battle for the ribosome – how viruses manipulate host translation
- Microbial metal homeostasis: impacts on pathogenicity
- The games microbes play: competition, conflict and cooperation in microbiology
- Cool tools for microbial imaging
- Emerging model systems
- The magic of mushrooms in nature and industry
- Models for understanding host–pathogen interactions
- Synthetic Ecology: from understanding ecological interactions to designing functional microbial communities
- Community interactions and the living host
- Escherichia coli: The model microbe
- Microbial diversity and interactions in the environment
- Bacterial zoonoses: ecology, epidemiology and evolution
- DNA repair
- Breaking Bad: Factors affecting the commensal to pathogen
- Clinical virology
- DNA virus
- Positive strand RNA viruses
- Negative strand RNA viruses
- Plant virus