- Location of laboratory
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Alison Hunt
- Name and postal address of the laboratory
- Virology Laboratory
Department of Medical Microbiology
Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- DX address
- 6010101 91AB
- Telephone number for enquiries & fax number
- Enquiries: 01224 552452 or 550552
Fax: 01224 550632
- Dr. Alison Hunt, Clinical Scientist email@example.com
- Dr Patricia Stewart, Locum Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Noha El Sakka, Consultant Microbiologist email@example.com
- Lesley Beveridge, Laboratory Manager Lesley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pauline Furness, BMS3 email@example.com
- Janette Rennie, BMS2 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gary Stuart, BMS2 email@example.com
- What do we do?
Direct immunofluorescence for respiratory viruses, HSV and VZV. EIA for rotavirus and adenovirus in faeces.
Real time PCR for HSV, VZV, CMV (quantitative), EBV (quantitative), adenovirus, enterovirus, norovirus and erythrovirus. The repertoire is in development.
A wide range of serology using automated, semi-automated and manual platforms.
- Out of hours' service
Virology BMS are in the laboratory 0830 – 1700 Monday to Friday and 0830 to 1600 on Saturday.
Outwith these hours, the tests required for a potential organ donor transplant screen are available 24/7 by Microbiology BMS who are on site 24/7 and available via 01224 552451 or via the hospital switchboard 0845 4566000.