- Location of laboratory
- David Ashburn
- Name and postal address of the laboratory
- Microbiology Department
Zone 3, Raigmore Hospital
- Dr Emma Watson, Consultant Microbiologist, Clinical Lead [email protected]
- Dr Adam Brown, Consultant Microbiologist [email protected]
- Dr Jonty Mills, Consultant Microbiologist [email protected]
- Dr Chin Lim, Consultant Microbiologist [email protected]
- Dr Roger Evans, Clinical Scientist [email protected]
- Dr Susan McDonagh, Clinical Scientist [email protected]
- Dr David Ashburn, Laboratory Manager [email protected]
- What do we do?
The Microbiology Department, Raigmore Hospital, Inverness comprises Culture, Molecular and Serology sections. It is the only clinical Microbiology laboratory in the Highlands providing a comprehensive diagnostic service to a resident population of approximately 233,227. The Scottish Toxoplasma Reference Laboratory (under contract from Health Protection Scotland) and a Specialist Service for Lyme borreliosis is based in the department. Methods utilised include a variety of commercial, in-house and automated/ semi-automated equipment.